Community Build Days
Raising the Roof’s Community Build Days offer an a uniquely impactful team building opportunity. You will have the opportunity to deepen your team connection, gain practical skills, learn from people whose lives are being changed through the Reside program and create affordable housing for people at risk of homelessness! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and book a build day for your team.
Community Build Day
Through a Community Build Day, you can:
- Give your team the unique experience of working alongside side of people who are being impacted by the program
- Increase team morale, problem solving, trust and motivation
- Add in custom team building discussions and experiences
- Showcase your community involvement to your customers and stakeholders
- Learn new skills as you have fun as a team
- Be an integral part of a project that is helping end homelessness in Canada in an innovative way
Reside is a program that renovates vacant and under-utilized spaces and properties, transforming them into affordable housing for individuals at risk of experiencing homelessness. The renovations are done by people experiencing barriers to employment through social enterprise training programs.
The Reside program has double impact, by creating more units of permanent affordable housing with supports and job training people for work in the the trades. One of our social contractor partners, Building Up, has seen 85% of its program graduates go on to full time permanent employment in the trades.