Our most recent Press Releases are available for replication and immediate release by community, national and international media outlets.
Facts & Figures
These facts and figures provide a snapshot of the issue of homelessness in Canada:
- An estimated 235,000 Canadians experience homelessness each year
- 35,000 Canadians experience homelessness on any given night
- 50,000+ Canadians experience hidden homelessness, such as couchsurfing, sleeping in a car, or other precarious housing
- 20% of the homeless population are young people aged 16-24
- Aboriginal peoples are over-represented in the homeless population – 1 in 4 people experiencing homelessness identify as Aboriginal or First Nations
- One of the fastest growing demographics of the homeless population is children & families
- 10% of Canadian families live below low-income cut-off
- 14% of Canadian children live in poverty
More information on homelessness can be found here.