Check out our new team members! We are happy to welcome three new members to Raising the Roof’s development and communications team.
Joe joined the team in April of this year as the Director of Development and Communication. He brings a wealth of development and leadership expertise on running campaigns and events to Raising the Roof. He has led numerous successful fundraising and marketing initiatives. Joe has extensive experience in securing and stewarding corporate and individual donors.
- Before his current career in fundraising, Joe was a movie projectionist at one of Toronto’s historic theatres.
- Favourite movie quote: “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.”
Khatu joined the Raising the Roof team this summer as the new Campaign and Events Manager and is focused on managing our national Toque Campaign and all fundraising events. Most recently, Khatu has worked as Senior Operations Manager for Fan Expo HQ, Canada’s largest pop culture convention producers, where she headed their entire operations and event logistics team which included running ten annual large-scale events across Canada and the United States. Khatu brings over six years of experience in managing all aspects of a project and has a background in the arts and youth education.
- Nick name – event security use to call her “Firecracker” and run away in fear.
- Her hair colour and style will change every 3 months.
Yas is the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, and the newbie, on Raising the Roof’s team. He is originally from Belgium and he is the French speaker and translator in our office. He has two master degree programs, one in communications and journalism, with a specialization in online and social media communication, and one in tourism management. Before joining Raising the Roof, Yas started his career as a home and energy counselor and ran door-to-door marketing campaigns for an Italian retailer, then became a communications manager and photographer for a bed and breakfast in Scotland.
- He is often called baby face – people never guess his age properly.
- He is passionate about the arts, illustration and design. He can be found drawing during most of his spare time.
Not that long ago, there were only five of us, now we are thrilled to have a team of ten. We are very pleased to welcome our three new staff members as our family continues to grow!