What Is The
Wraparound Supports Program?
Employment is an essential component of long-term housing security. That’s why Raising the Roof is proud to offer the Wraparound Supports Program, which provides construction social enterprise employers with the capacity they need to support people experiencing and at risk of homelessness to build long-term, well-paying construction industry careers.
Wraparound Supports Program
How It Works
- Social Enterprise: Raising the Roof identifies high-performing construction social enterprises that provide training and employment to Canadians who are homeless or at-risk of homeless.
- Funds: Raising the Roof provides selected social enterprises with funding to expand the suite of wraparound supports available to program participants.
- Supports for Participants: Social enterprise partners provide wraparound supports which can include: case management, financial coaching, mental health support, mentorship, or others as needed.
- Long-term housing security: Social enterprise participants gain hands-on training and employment within social enterprises, developing skills, experience and connections that increase capacity for both short and long-term housing security.
- In-house therapy
- Financial assistance for housing, groceries and education
- Case mangers and social workers who can support participants
- Staying connected and supporting alumni
- Support through their first few years of trade apprenticeships
- Financial coaching
One of the people who benefited from the Wraparound Supports Program was Edward.
Edward was a trainee working with one of our social enterprise contractors, Building Up. Edward was unemployed and on Ontario Works, experiencing suicidality and depression. Through the construction training program, Edward discovered his passion for carpentry. He built his confidence, rising at 4am each morning to be on-site first.
Since graduation, Edward has had stable, well-paying construction work, his mental health has improved, his housing security has improved, and he’s saving to purchase a home. “This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life,” Edward says, “and I have Building Up to thank for that.”
trained in the trades through Building Up's programs
rate for Building Up participants
of trainee wages paid
financial support provided to particpants