RTR's National Youth Ambassador Program
Lead the Change!
Raising the Roof’s National Youth Ambassador program provides training, mentorship and support to youth, ages 16-24, across the county. Through youth-led initiatives, the ambassadors will educate their communities on the issues of homelessness, fundraise and advocate for change. Youth will learn important skills including: communication skills, event management, fundraising, storytelling, marketing, project management, public speaking and much more.
There is a great opportunity for personal growth for the youth participants. The youth will gain hands-on experience planning and executing events and presentations in their local community. There will be lasting impact as the participants take the skills they learn through the Youth Ambassador program and apply them to other initiatives in their community and their future employment.
10-15 youth from across Canada will be selected ambassadors and will have the opportunity to come to Toronto for an all expenses paid trip, including flight, hotel, food and top expert training from Nov 20-23, 2023. As part of the program the ambassadors will be expected to join us in Toronto for training, meet weekly with the Raising the Roof team virtually during the months of November 2023 to March 2024, and plan a fundraiser called One Night in their community which takes place on Toque Tuesday, February 6, 2024.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Applications are now closed.
Why Be A
- Build skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, marketing, social media, advocacy, event planning and more!
- Become more engaged in their community
- Gain experience and knowledge on social issues regarding homeless and at risk youth
- Contribute to an important cause
- Collaborate with inspirational students from across Canada
- Become a member of RTR’s National Youth Ambassador Alumni committee
- Earn volunteer hours and a receive a Letter of Reference from Raising the Roof Canada.
- Application are closed
“Raising the Roof’s youth ambassador program was an incredibly memorable, insightful experience. This organization not only addresses and supports one of the biggest social issues many Canadians face today, but the program also provided us youth ambassadors with lifelong skills and experiences that can be used to continue our support towards marginalized, disadvantaged communities.”
– Dan, Youth Ambassador Regional Team Lead for Winnipeg